Modoc County Public Health offers all ACIP (Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices) recommended vaccines for children 0-18 years of age who qualify through the Vaccines for Children (VFC) program.
VFC is a federally funded program that allows Modoc County Public Health to provide free vaccines to the following populations:
- Children who are MediCal and/or CHDP eligible
- Children who are uninsured
- Children who are American Indian or Alaskan Native
Clinics are held on the first three Wednesdays of each month unless a holiday falls on one of the Wednesdays:
1st Wednesday 3-6pm
2nd Wednesday 2-4pm
3rd Wednesday 9-11am
We offer a select number of adult vaccines to individuals who do not have insurance that covers that cost of the vaccine. The vaccines that are currently available for adults are Tdapand MMR.
Public Health also provides annual flu vaccinations to Modoc County residents who are 6 months of age and up. We will have flu clinics from 5:00-6:00 pm on the following dates in January: 1/8/18, 1/22/18, and 1/29/18.
Immunization Resources and Information Websites:
- CDPH immunization program:
- Vaccines for Children Program: http://eziz.org/
- California Immunization Registry: http://cairweb.org/
- Shots for School: http://www.shotsforschool.org/
- Vaccine Information Statements:
- Travelers Health (CDC): http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel
- Pregnancy Shots:
- Immunization Action Coalition: www.immunize.org/
- California Immunization Coalition: www.immunizeca.org
- Why I Choose: http://www.whyichoose.org/
- Shot by Shot – stories of vaccine preventable disease: