California Children's Services
Modoc County CCS program provides diagnostic and treatment services, medical care management, and physical and occupational therapy services to children and young adults under age 21 with CCS eligible medical conditions.
The CCS program was established to assure that children with physically disabling conditions receive quality health care for their eligible conditions at the appropriate time and place by the necessary specialists. We perform this function by:
- defining the conditions requiring specialty care,
- determining program eligibility,
- selecting the most qualified providers,
- reviewing the appropriateness of treatment plans, and
- authorizing payment for the services.
Using regulatory and statutory authority as well as program policies and procedures, the County CCS PHN, in conjunction with the State Nurse Consultant and other medical staff, determines medical eligibility through review of the medical documentation submitted for each child.
CCS carries out its mandate to assure that eligible children receive high-quality medical and dental care by limiting authorization to state CCS paneled providers. Authorization is granted to health care providers with documented training and experience in pediatrics and/or one of its subspecialties.
The State CCS program assesses the qualifications of each provider on its panel and periodically updates its list of specialists. It also maintains a list of hospitals that have been reviewed and are found to meet program standards.
Your child may qualify if he/she meets all four CCS eligibility criteria:
- Age eligible: your child is under 21 years old
- Medically eligible: your child has a physical disability or medical condition that is covered by CCS
- Residentially eligible: your child lives with a parent or guardian who lives in Modoc County
- Financially eligible: your child has Medi-Cal or Healthy Families or the family’s adjusted gross income is less than $40,000, or out-of-pocket medical expenses are expected to be more than 20 percent of the family's adjusted gross income
Anyone can refer a child to CCS, including parents.
- Complete the English CCS Application or Spanish CCS Application and return it to Modoc County CCS.
- Include all of the information requested so CCS can determine if your family qualifies.
- Apply to Medi-Cal (English|Spanish) if CCS asks you.